Spring is here, although as I write this today, you would think it is still winter. Nevertheless, the signs are there, the daffodils are out, and the leaves are reappearing on the trees. Although Autumn is my absolute favourite season, I get so excited for spring, it is a chance to start a fresh and embrace every opportunity to get outside.
I got a bit ahead of myself a few weeks ago with the lovely few days of weather and got the garden furniture out! Although ever the optimist, and in the words of Dermot Kennedy, “Better days are coming” Hopefully in the form of better weather, but also literally. I don’t know about you, but I have really felt this the past month with the removal of nearly all Covid restrictions, and our lives becoming busier with the return of all the after-school activities, birthday parties and the odd night out! When we think back to this time last year, it’s exciting to see what this Spring will bring.
Here’s what I am looking forward to.
- Spring break, unfortunately not in Florida, but I am looking forward to heading away for a few days.
- Spring cleaning- I always get an urge to do a deep clean of the house in springtime and this goes hand in hand with changing my cushions/throws etc. I’m changing my John Hanley throw in grey to the mustard mix and adding some Feline Navy Cushions and Distressed Cushions to compliment it. I also find this Spring-Cleaning guide really useful if you are like me and it takes a month to get the job done
- New scents, I love amber/musk perfumes/candles in the colder months but like to change to more fresh and floral scents for the Spring/Summer months… my favourite summery perfume is Clinique Happy and for the home, the Eau Verbana candle or Strand candle are my top picks.
- Colour, colour, everywhere… I will be adding more colour to my outfits, I live in jeans, t-shirts, and trainers but once I get out of the raincoat, I look forward to trying out the new Powder products that were recently added, the Tulip Headband is my favourite and I also look forward to using the Floral Pouch on our few days away.
- Get togethers- I think we have about 4/5 coming up over the next few months, with some people we haven’t seen in over 2 years. I think one of the most important things the pandemic has taught us is how special time is with our family/friends, and on that note, I’ll finish with some inspiring words from Steve Jobs- “The most precious resource we have is time”
Much love, Barbara